Responsibilities of a Christian Man
1. We are continuing to look at the Home as God would have her to be.
2. This morning, we are considering what the Bible says about Christian men.
3. Eph. 5:21-33.
1. He must be a Christian Servant.
1. A faithful servant of God. He reads and studies God’s word daily (Psalm 1:1ff). He is faithful in attendance for all assemblies called by the elders of the church. He is faithful in carrying out what he is asked to do. He is faithful in using his talents in the service of the kingdom.
2. A faithful servant in God’s church. He is first and foremost a faithful Christian. He recognizes the need to relieve. Acts 6:1-6. He recognizes that he is an official servant. 1 Tim.3:8-13. A faithful elder in God’s church. He is first and foremost a faithful Christian. He recognizes the need to watch over the flock and bears that responsibility (Heb. 13:17; Acts 20:28). He exhorts in sound doctrine, and convicts the gainsayer (Titus 1:5-9). But he does not “Lord” over the flock (1 Pet. 5:1-3).
2. He must be a Christian Husband
1. A faithful leader. He is the head of the wife and the family ( Eph. 5:22-33). He bears the responsibility for the direction of the family. He leads in love.
2. A faithful husband (1 Pet. 3:7). He loves his wife (Eph. 5:22-33). He is faithful to his wife (Rom. 7:1ff); Heb. 13:4). A faithful Christian friend (Rom. 12:9-16).
3. He must be a Christian Father
1. A faithful example (Abraham–Genesis 18:19).
2. A faithful disciplinarian (Eph. 6:4; Prov. 13:24).
3. A faithful friend (Prov. 18:24).